Virtual Rehab's evidence-based solution leverages the advancements in virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and blockchain technologies for psychological rehabilitation of vulnerable populations (pain management, prevention of substance use disorders, enhancement of autistic individuals’ communication skills, and rehabilitation of repeat offenders).
Established back in 2017, Virtual Rehab was first to commercialize the use of VR and AI for addiction and correctional rehabilitation.
Virtual Rehab is regarded as an undisputed market leader within the sector in which it operates. The team has received global awards and recognition from the US and the Canadian governments, the United Nations, The Wall Street Journal, Microsoft, and others.
About Virtual Rehab
Virtual Rehab's all-encompassing solution covers the following pillars :
- Virtual Reality - A virtual simulation of the real world using cognitive behavior and exposure therapy to trigger and to cope with temptations
- Artificial Intelligence - A unique expert system to identify areas of risk, to make treatment recommendations, and to predict post-therapy behavior
- Blockchain - A secure network to ensure privacy and decentralization of all data and all information relevant to vulnerable populations
- VRH Token - An ERC20 utility token that empowers users to purchase services and to be rewarded for seeking help through Virtual Rehab’s online portal
The Virtual Rehab (VRH) token has been created as a centralized currency to be used within the Virtual Rehab network. Users will be able to purchase and sell VRH tokens in exchanges. The token follows the standards of Ethereum ERC20 standard token. Its design follows the widely adopted token implementation standards. This allows token holders to easily store and manage their VRH tokens using existing solutions including ERC20-compatible Ethereum wallets.
When dealing with the most vulnerable populations out there, privacy and security of information/data shared, become extremely important. Unfortunately, as of today, this information is publicly available and could be accessed through online databases which expose the identities of these vulnerable populations. As a result, this prevents these populations from re-integrating back into society and becoming an effective part of it as well.
Fortunately, this level of privacy/data protection can all be made possible when integrating blockchain technology as part of the Virtual Rehab solution. We will not gather the first name or the last name of these vulnerable populations - they will be associated with a wallet address. The only information which will be gathered are the age, gender, race, biometrics (heart rate, blood pressure, biodermal activity), and eye-tracking. This will ensure complete HIPAA compliance and anonymity of these vulnerable populations information/data.
Moreover, Virtual Rehab is solving an even bigger problem which is data sharing among medical institutions, correctional departments, researchers, and patients worldwide. As of today, this data cannot be accessed due to privacy and patient protection laws. However, with our Virtual Rehab solution, everyone will have access to this information, which is completely anonymous and would allow for a database of input data and metrics to be accessed, which can further enhance existing research in the area of mental health through the global collaboration of researchers and medical professionals from around the world. Patients will also be able to access this data and find some synergies or relations with their existing symptoms and attempt to apply some best practices accordingly.
The VRH utility token has four use cases:
- Allows users to order and download programs from Virtual Rehab Online Portal
- Allows users to request additional analysis (using Virtual Rehab unique expert system, which uses Artificial Intelligence) of executed programs
- Incentivizes users with VRH tokens reward for seeking help and counselling from medical doctors, psychologists, and therapists (Proof of Therapy)
- Allows users to pay for services received at the Virtual Rehab Therapy Center (VRTC)
Some of Virtual Rehab's notable successes include the following:
- Evidence-based solution with proven efficacy results approved by physicians, psychologists, and therapists
- 87% of participating patients have shown an overall improvement across various metrics
- Described by US Digital Government Head as a “capability that is very promising for public services”
- Only VR/AI company included in the US Department of Justice, Institute of Corrections Environmental Scan report
- Partnership agreements in-place across the North America, Europe, Middle East, and APAC regions
- Only company to represent Canada as part of the Canadian Delegation to Arab Health
- Selected as one of Canada’s most promising high-growth life sciences companies (Dose of the Valley, CA)
- Featured by Microsoft’s leadership team at the Microsoft Inspire Innovation Session
- Nominated by The Wall Street Journal for the WSJ D.LIVE Startup Showcase (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Ranked by Spanish media as the first option for training correctional officers and rehabilitation of offenders using virtual reality
- Founder awarded with the "Expert" status by the United Nations Global Sustainable Consumption & Production (SCP) Programme with focus on Sustainable Lifestyle and Education
- Selected as one of the top innovative companies in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and will be included within the Montreal Innovation Ecosystem publication
- Ranked 1st in “Top 10 To Watch” by England’s 21Cryptos Magazine – the leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain magazine, with monthly content from dozens of the industry's experts, public figures, and traders
- Featured by the media across 28 countries worldwide
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Virtual Rehab. We appreciate your interest in what we do.